Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Beans, Barre Classes and Business

So I am jumping into the New Year with lots of adventure.
I am proud to say that I am making a very good effort to add beans back into my diet. For those that know me this is a very BIG step. Around 8 or 9 years old I decided I could no longer eat beans, the taste of them would make me gag. I know they are a great source of protein and they are wonderful for living on a budget, but I just could not get past the taste. Unfortunately, being the cook for the family with one extremely picky eater (and this is not the toddler) has become quite the challenge. To face the challenge and to improve upon myself I am expanding my taste buds. It is with much pride that I have now incorporated beans into two meals and actually enjoyed them (thank you S&W for your wide variety of bean mixes.)
My next achievement came with much more joy if not a little bit more soreness.
I had the great pleasure to get a great deal at a local women's studio that does specialty classes for an intro to pole dancing and then a week FREE to unlimited drop in classes. It has been so much fun getting back into shape and even nicer I have lost 5 lbs. in 2 weeks- Yahoo! Meet me at the Barre has been one of my favorites. Marsha was an awesome instructor even though my muscles were screaming at me all the next day. Boo-Ya Burlesque was my next favorite with Megan A. it really brought me back to my high school dance days. Tonight is my last class, but I am working on a way to get in more classes as a treat to myself. Crazy I know who would think of exercise classes as a treat- Thank You DIVA DEN for your great deals and awesome instructors.
Last but not least is the next chapter of my life. After almost 3 years of working my business I am saying good-bye. It is with a little sadness, but a lot less stress that I am looking towards my future of Radical Homemaking- meaning more gardening, canning, cooking, and mothering. I am looking towards adding in some classes so I can work on my undergraduate degree so that when the kids are in school I can get my Physical Therapist degree, but that is in the future. Right now I am looking out my window towards the garden that needs prepping and children that need attention and I smile, take a deep breath and hope this new chapter has much happiness.

3 comments:

Heather said...

I love this post. I can really feel your voice through it!

Sandy said...

the dance classes sound fun wish i could go with u looking forward to more posts xoxo

Peppermint Lane said...

Looks like you have some things to look forward too. It is always nice to do something you love. Makes life more enjoyable!