Thursday, December 29, 2011

Parker the Pretty Pink Polka Dot Pirate Princess

I'm quite a few months late, but that's how it goes this year.
My beautiful baby girl turned the big 1 this year and I got so excited for her party I might have gone a "little" overboard. Her party was the Pretty Pink Polka Dot Pirate Princess Party.
This girl loves her sweets, but her favorite is ice cream. Unfortunately a candle doesn't work well in ice cream so she also got a cupcake.
The spread- all the food was either pink or started with a "p". Pretzels, peach rings, peppers, popcorn, pink oreos, and of course pink polka dot cupcakes.
She totally hated the headband so it didn't last long, but the onesie was embroidered by my sister-in-law and has gotten a lot of use since then.
Argh! My awesome nephew totally getting into the theme.

Of course we had to have a Pinata. Learned with Quinn's party that pull-strings work best with this age-group.
The Cake! Love the sheets of fondant at Michaels, which made this so much easier to do.
We started off with a Pin the Pirate on the "X". I created a treasure map then used print outs of Jake and the Neverland Pirates that the kids got to color. Total take off of pin the tail on the donkey. The winner got the first clue to the treasure hunt, but everyone got pirate eye patches.

I love this girl, even if she does love to try my patience. Her first birthday was a lot of work, but tons of fun just like my little peanut.

No comments: