Saturday, April 5, 2008
Going Kosher
This last week we had Quinn's two week check-up. And our poor little boy joined the ranks of the "kosher". I had to step out of the room while Ryan stayed by his side. This was because it was his wish as father to have it done. I feel this was an important decision to go with because he needed to be able to call some shots as Quinn's dad, and also well I am a girl-what can I say about the experience. For a while now I have talked to many men and all have agreed with Ryan on the importance of having it done. There were quite a few moms in the mix saying the same. What they didn't tell me was the great need for the mother's nerves to have it done in the hospital. Waiting two weeks is not very smart. We didn't choose to wait so much as our ped. went on vacation the day after Quinn was born and so we didn't think it was a problem to wait. But after two weeks you get used to seeing your little one look a certain way, and they have gotten use to living a certain way, and well over all there are no nurses there to give help like in the hospital. The first diaper change was the worst. Slowly we are getting better, and Ryan and his little boy our having some good bonding time. Lessoned learned!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment