Chaos how I Love and Hate thee...
So far 2010 has been a very crazy roller coaster, don't get me wrong I like roller coasters but there is a reason that they are not recommended for pregnant women.
We have enjoyed beautiful weather the last week or so as the rest of the country has been racked with Snowpalooza courtesy of Mr. El Nino year. Feeling very proud of myself as I was able to go out and depoopify our yard (thanks to 3 dogs) and started the riding lawn mower. I love having a lush green lawn that I don't have to march through to get to the "little" play structure we have in the back. I also supervised the building of our coop-it is still in progress, but that is totally fine- for our brand new five little chicks we purchased to raise eggs. My MIL is very proud of her new "farmer" status. And over two days I started prepping our garden area, absolutely cannot wait until I have veggies and fruit growing in my yard, so much satisfaction.
But as I was rudely reminded this early am as I was trying to dealing with a hacking little boy racked with snot pouring out of his nose a pregnant momma can only do so much before she has to call it quits or she may not make it through the full 10 months.
Yep, this one has to be a girl, because she is already trying to play boss over her momma. Must be genetic and I can't say I am totally pleased that it has passed on. Not to mention how much more of a blubber butt I have been and over the craziest little things. Or not to mention the feeling of defeat as I was only five pounds away from my goal weight and then instantly packed on ten in the first month and have already had to put on the prego pants to keep from absolute agony in my hips. Children!
As I whine about all this, I hear myself laugh as my toddler begs for his Disney sing along so he can dance with the kitties and the monkeys or points to the family picture and can point out everyone except himself because he is not a "baby", so much joy, so many tears.
And as you probably notice my post are picture free, not necessarily because I don't take pictures (which admittedly I am not very good at getting) but because I have hit the lazy point of not wanting to take the effort to download them, sorry but I am claiming the right.
Speaking of rights, I want to know who gave the right to Girl Scouts to sell crazy good cookies at only one time in the year so you feel the need to buy 11 boxes. Hmmm?
Now that is an issue we need to be working on- I mean come on how can you not eat the whole box of Tag-a-longs when you know there are 5 other people in the house just waiting to get their hands on them?
And on top of it at my first appt. they gave me a gift certificate to See's for one-pound box of chocolates. What the heck! As grateful as I am don't get mad at me when I gain the recommended baby weight in the first trimester when you offer a crazy hormonal woman such temptations.
Oh yeah lovin' the ups and downs! Now if I could just get my little boy to feel better and not want to be carried everywhere I think I may just make it through the week- but I wouldn't place any bets, roller coasters are renowned for having break down issues at the top of the climb. Back to my Samoas while no one else is around.
Tuesday, February 23, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
The journey is magnificent isnt it...in hindsight!
Congratulations! I wouldn't worry about the weight it comes off with nursing!
You know what, I loved reading this because I could hear you narrating it the whole time! Your voice totally came through. And you will make it, I promise, and come August (end of, probably?) It will all be glorious. And you know if it's a girl, I have a garage full of clothes for her...........
CONGRATULATIONS!!!
Post a Comment