Friday, March 28, 2008

My Monkey Men



These are my monkey men. The most important things I have.

I always knew I was destined to take care of monkeys. When I was younger I wanted to be a primatologist. For years I collected stuffed gorillas, chimps, and monkeys. I loved the movie "Congo" (Shocking I know). But then I decided I didn't like science or math enough to actually go to school for that field. Little did I realize that the path before me held my husband, a true science geek.

He is actually called Monkey Ryan by all the nieces and nephews. This is because his oldest niece, Fiona, deemed him so. As a baby she couldn't say My uncle Ryan, so it became Monkey Ryan. And of course as adorable as that sounds we had to encourage it for all those to follow.

The smaller one would be our newest addition. He has the cutest little monkey toes and fingers, and occasionally he actually makes little monkey sounds.

These are my monkey men, and I love the jungle we live in.

1 comment:

Mother Goose said...

When Avery was younger and skinnier, I thought she looked like a monkey. A very cute monkey!

Miss you guys!

Ashlyn