Monday, March 31, 2008

Our Baby Girl





This is our baby girl, Ame. Never predictable, very spoiled and full of girl attitude. She loves to travel, which is great because so do her parents. Even on moving day she had to be at the front of the truck ( No we didn't actually drive with her up there). Her name means Rain in Japanese, because her silly parents thought what better name for an Oregon dog. Guess what she can't stand the rain, but she does love the snow, wierd huh?
Anyways, I know it might sound strange to some that we are so devoted to our dog, and treat her more as a family member than a pet. But here is the thing, she is.
We adopted Ame at 8 weeks old from the Linn county dog control, at the time we felt we were not going to have children for a while, having tried to get pregnant for some time and not and then living with the in-laws and Ryan was heading for Utah to live away from me for four months while he finished school and I stayed in Portland to get us established (all not very condusive to me getting pregnant). Ame was to stay with me as a companion and a bit of protection. Little did we know that only a few weeks later I would find out I was carrying our little one. So we all packed up and moved to Utah together, and Ame became our little baby girl.
Unfortunately, like all children if you aren't consistent with discipline they become a tad spoiled. So with a new baby in the house we are beginning obiedence training this week, to curb some territorial issues, not with the baby but with the couch. But I have to say for all her craziness she still is one of the sweetest puppies I know.
Oh and that blanket, she put that on all by herself, honest to goodness truth!

2 comments:

Peppermint Lane said...

Maybe Ame is the reason Quinn came to be..... Usually, when you start moving is when things come about. I wouldn't worry about your writing, you've done awesome. Enjoy this time in your life it goes by fast believe it or not!

Peppermint Lane said...

I'm the one that has trouble writing! I ment to say- "moving forward with other plans is when things usually come about.