Monday, August 4, 2008

News update

Okay so my sister reminded me what a horrible poster I've been, I get so caught up in my adorable little boy I sometimes forget our stuff.
Ryan- He has been given a job as the Science Dept. for Wilsonville Art/Tech Highschool. I say the Dept. because that's it, just him. It is a charter school within the district that has 85 students. They have to apply to get in and follow a more European route by helping kids who pretty much already know what they want to do and works in a project based curriculum. He is very busy planning 13 different courses, but we are both VERY excited for the opportunity. The district is one of the best and has very good incentives. They do not have sports, so he can't coach, but with as busy as his first year will be we are okay with that. So when he does feel more stable he can always look at coaching league teams.
Me- I am pretty much waiting and watching. Waiting for my dad to come visit, waiting for September for me to go visit family on the East coast, waiting for fall and all the fun that brings (including Ryan's job with some $$), and waiting for my Kit to come in. Yes, that is right, I am now a Distributor for Slumber Parties. After two years of debating about I finally decided it would be a great thing for me to do to bring in extra $$ and help pay bills, but still get to be with my lil'guy. Speaking of whom I totally can't get enough of although he has started figuring out how to make verbal sounds and change his tone, he overall is still a really happy guy.
Now we are off for more adventures and to get the fourth book of the Twilight series "Breaking Dawn", which if you haven't read you definitely need to find the time to.

3 comments:

Amy said...

let me know when the kit comes in and if I can order from you way out here. A little slumber party at the W's would be good thing ;-)

Mother Goose said...

Congrats Ryan. Very excited for you!

English Rose said...

I know who I'll be buying from now! Congrats lady. I wasn't sure it would ever happen. Too bad we aren't closer. I'd be booking shows off you all the time. Good memories.