Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Visit from Grumpy

Last week my Dad came to visit for a few days on his return trip home from Ohio, where he was helping/ visiting my sister. To the grandkids he is known as Grumpy.
It was so great to have him here and I am REALLY sad to have to had said goodbye.
But while he was here we got to have some really good times, starting every morning with a great breakfast outside.
Wednesday we climb to the top of Multonomah Falls; quite the hike, but we pormised in the spring to make it to the top next time. It was so pretty and we had a great time visiting and sharing ice cream at the end. Okay the truth is Grandpa shared with Quinn while mommy ate hers all by herself (and it was delicious). Unfortuntely all the pics of this are on my dad's camera so I am waiting for copies.
After that we drove up to Camus, WA where my parents are thinking of moving and visited the library and saw the sights.
Thursday it was Berry picking time. We picked around 12 pounds of blackberries that we have frozen or made into jam. Lots of fun, but very hot! Then a great ride to an Indian Restuarant in town. I love riding with my dad on his motorcycle. Coming home my sister-in-law Roopali got to join him.
Friday I finally got to see the Oregon Coast Aquarium. They have a fun exhibit called Oddwater. It is full of the most exotic creatures. Quinn had a gret time seeing all the fish. We ended the night with a meal at Mo's, famous for its chowder, and a trip to the candy store for some salt water taffy.Maybe when my pictures are working I will be able to give a better view. But trust me it was fun.

I can definitely say I am a daddy's girl and it made me so happy to be able to get some time with him and let him get to know my son better. When I see them together I see so many similarties. Bright, mischievious blue eyes, big grin and both love to stick their tongues out. What a great end to the summer.

1 comment:

Heather said...

Alex and I love your Grumpy. He's a super nice man and you are a lucky girlie! Any birthday plans coming up???