I am told that Nashville is a small airport, but when you are in the last possible gate both coming and going, and are carrying a backpack, a diaper bag, and a 20lb. baby it isn't so small.
We were greeted at the front end by Uncle Seannie, and got a quick tour of their new town. Nolensville is a very cute and growing community. I was totally shocked by the size of Miss Fiona's new elementary school, but they have small class sizes which is really great and she seems to really love it.
Julie took on the great role of tour guide and after dropping Miss Aida off at preschool (she just loved showing off her little baby cousin) we headed out to Franklin to see the Carter House, the historical site of the Battle of Franklin. The tour was so amazing and seeing such well preserved history we totally ran out of time to take any pictures. I would say skip the movie and just take the tour, their guides are so good you get all the information and in better format.
Our days we definitely spent playing the Tourists, we had to hit the good'ol southern food spots- Arnold's is the best, and the typical sites like Country Music Hall of Fame and the Grand Ole Opry. But we really hit the jackpot when Aunt Julie took us to the consignment sale she donated to. I got some really great outfits and toys for insanely great prices. Can't wait to hear how the next one goes. I also was able to be totally spoiled by Julie; I let her practice the Raindrop Technique me, which sent me into a deep sleep. It was soo relaxing, sure hope Sean learns how to do it to repay his lovely wife for me. This technique uses the Young Living essential oils that Julie has gotten into and I have to say she has sold me on their benefits.
We had such a wonderful time staying with them. Their new home is beautiful, their neighbors are great, and they seem really happy. So glad to see them as a whole again, I know it was hard to be away from Dad/Husband for so long.
We spent our last day totally stuffing our faces with great food and the girls even got a special dessert for their Monkey Ryan's Birthday even though he couldn't join us, but they were sweet enough to let us go home on his Birthday -even though they were pretty tempted to have us stay :)
Julie and I decided that next time we need to take this tour.
Visiting the local stops
Love their Fried Green Tomatoes and their chocolate pie is to die for.
She dreams of the stage.
Surrounded by the great ones- gathering inspiration.
Here is the Aquarium restaurant-Great Ambiance and the desserts are sensational.
Look at that fish!
Happy Birthday Monkey Ryan
He just couldn't enough of putting food in Quinn's mouth- must be in the genes, huh Papa Mike?.
Thanks Sean, Julie, Fiona, and Aida. We had a truly great time visiting your new digs and wish you the very BEST.
We then headed home in the early am. Arriving in AZ. We were so sad to miss seeing Ashlyn and Avery, but I dropped the ball and didn't call in time to have her meet us- Next time definitely, sorry Mike for upsetting your prego wife.
So happy to be home, so sad to be done traveling. But I am all about planning the next one in my head.
Couple tips I learned:
Pack ahead of time
Be super prepared for security
Keep a smile on your face and take deep breaths when you think you're going insane
Most people really do love babies- just sit on the aisle and more than likely you'll get your own row :)
and over all
Enjoy the trip for all it's worth!!! It is worth all you make it.
2 comments:
LOVE the picture of Quinn on the floor!! I was so sad that I didn't get to see you. Next time we buy a house it will have to be next to the airport and not an hour away. And I've got to get a cell phone that works! Mike and I were also talking about meeting you guys in California the next time you make it down there. We could go to Disneyland or Knotts Berry Farm or the beach!
I'm so glad you guys came to visit. We had a lot of fun with you here, too.
Post a Comment